CSPF event on 26/03 - ‘Development Policy Finance: Critical Concerns surrounding Accountability and Outcomes for People and the Climate.’
you are warmly invited to the event
‘Development Policy Finance: Critical Concerns surrounding Accountability and Outcomes for People and the Climate.’
On Friday Friday, March 26, 2021; at 10:00–11:30 am Washington, D.C. time (2:00-3:30 pm GMT)
The event is part of the virtual Civil Society Policy Forum of the World Bank & IMF Spring Meetings.
Co-Sponsors: Urgewald, Sustainable Development Policy Institute; Eurodad; Arab Watch Coalition; Recourse; Bretton Woods Project; Gender Action; Friends of the Earth US; Heinrich Boell Stiftung, Reality of Aid
Session abstract: The World Bank relies heavily on Development Policy Finance (DPF) to address COVID recovery and the climate crisis. DPFs provide billions to government budgets, but only after the adoption of policy reforms known as Prior Actions. The panel will discuss consequences for: social services, climate goals, public finance, and governance.
- Moderator: Mr. Koen Davidse, Executive Director for the Netherlands Constituency, World Bank Group
- Panelist 1: Heike Mainhardt, Senior Advisor, Urgewald
- Panelist 2: Hina Aslam, PhD, Associate Research Fellow; Lead Energy, Head China Study Center, Sustainable Development Policy Institute
- Panelist 3: Chiara Mariotti-Senior Policy Officer, Eurodad
- Panelist 4: Global Coordinator, Reality of Aid (Philippines)
- Panelist 5: Stephane Guimbert, Director for Operations Policy, World Bank Group
Join the session and Watch Live Here: https://bit.ly/2Nr3kaa