Asia strategy meeting on public services and human rights - towards a global narrative
The pandemic only proves the urgency of this moment to build public services as part of a just and equitable recovery and a transition to a more sustainable and resilient economy and society.
We aim to bring activists, advocates, researchers, trade union leaders from water, energy, care economy, public health, housing, human rights, economic justice, finance, municipalists and more. Public service is a connecting node.
The Asia strategy meeting will seek to:
- Connect the regional, global and national dynamics on public services to ensure that a diversity of actors in various languages are able to join the movement and support a global campaign;
- Connect a range of actors, organisations and movements within regions;
- Gather regional inputs on the collective narrative on public services, building a sense of collective ownership;
- Explore regional strategies, advocacy opportunities and campaigning ideas; and
- Build political momentum and contribute to developing a strong cross-sectoral and cross-regional movement for public services.
This meeting is organised with the financial support of the European Union and the Open Society Foundations. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and do not necessarily reflect the views of the funders.