Development Policy Finance: Critical concerns surrounding accountability and outcomes for people and the climate
This panel is organised as part of the Civil Society Policy Forum at the World Bank Spring Meetings.
The World Bank relies heavily on Development Policy Finance (DPF) to address COVID recovery and the climate crisis. DPFs provide billions to government budgets, but only after the adoption of policy reforms known as Prior Actions. The panel will discuss consequences for: social services, climate goals, public finance, and governance.
• Moderator: Mr. Koen Davidse, Executive Director for the Netherlands Constituency, World Bank Group
• Panelist 1: Heike Mainhardt, Senior Advisor, Urgewald
• Panelist 2: Hina Aslam, PhD, Associate Research Fellow; Lead Energy, Head China Study Center, Sustainable Development Policy Institute
• Panelist 3: Chiara Mariotti - Senior Policy Officer, Eurodad and Panelist 4: Mark Pascual, Global Coordinator, Reality of Aid (Philippines)
• Panelist 5: Stephane Guimbert, Director for Operations Policy, World Bank Group
|This webinar is being organised with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.|