Reclaiming sustainable infrastructure as a public good
Sustainable infrastructure investments are touted as a key pillar of “building back better” strategies by many donor governments to confront the Covid-19 pandemic. Yet, the prevailing infrastructure finance agenda set by donor countries contains pitfalls and limitations that require further debate from a systemic perspective. This session aims to discuss "on what basis is it possible to reclaim sustainable infrastructure as a public good?"
This event is a side event of the Civil20.
You can now find the video of the event here
- Chair: Petter Matthews, Executive Director, CoST
- Luisa Mimmi, Senior Advisor, G7/G20 Unit, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Italy
- Marco Rocha, Co-Chair of the Infrastructure Working Group, Brazil (TBC)
- Adrian Chikowore, Policy and Research Consultant in the International Public Finance, Afrodad
- Maria Jose Romero, Policy and Advocacy Manager, Eurodad
- Flora Sonkin, Policy Researcher, Society for International Development