Debt Wednesdays: session 9&10
International Finance Architecture reform: Debt workout mechanism and responsible lending and borrowing.
Overview of debt in Europe
During the two sessions, we explored the proposals for an International Finance Architecture reform, which includes the debt workout mechanism. We discussed responsible borrowing and lending before moving on to a regional overview of the debt situation in Europe.
- Bodo Ellmers, Director - Financing for Sustainable Development Program, Global Policy Forum
- Thea Sofie Rusten Grastveit, Policy adviser, SLUG - Debt Justice Norway
- Christina Laskaridis, Lecturer in Economics, Open University
- Sergi Cutillas, Co-founder, Ekona
Some other materials include:
- Bodo Ellmers' presentation.
- Thea Sofie Rusten Grastveit's presentation.
- Sergi Cutillas' presentation.
- Christina Laskaridis' presentation.
In addition, you can always access the interactive informal recommendations list. We encourage you to use it and add any material that caught your attention and you would like others to see: it could be a podcast, a book, an inspiring article, even a TikTok video could do. Feel free to share it with us.
If you missed the previous webinars, there is the possibility to watch the recordings of the event on Eurodad's Youtube channel, in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
|This webinar is being organised with the financial support of the European Union, Bread for the World, the Open Society Foundations and Avina Americas. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Eurodad and its partners and do not necessarily reflect the views of the funders.|